Last updated: August 2021
This Website is not intended to sell or ship products to customers outside of the United States. If you wish to do so, please visit one of our authorized resellers.
- Categories of Information We Collect and Sources From Which the Information Is Collected
In the past 12 months, there are three general categories of sources that we collect your information from: information you voluntarily provide, information we obtain when you use our Website (collectively "Services") and information we collect through third parties or public sources.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide
When you interact with us, we collect information that you voluntarily share with us. For example, you may give us your personally identifiable information, which includes, but is not limited to, identifiers such as your name, username and password, address (postal and email), telephone number (“Personal Information”) by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. When you communicate with us, we will collect whatever information you volunteer. You should therefore not send messages or share content that you do not want us to see, save or share.
- Information We Get When You Use Our Website or Services
When you use our Website, we collect information about you and your use of the Website. For example, we collect the following types of information when you use our Website or Services:
- Personal Information
We may collect certain Personal Information when you use our Website, place an order or provide information to us, such as when you create an account, fill out registration forms, visit our retail stores, register for our Breakage Replacement Program, enter a contest or marketing event, sign up for a catalog, or otherwise contact us. The information we may collect includes the following information: name, address, email, phone number, and billing address.
While we provide our consumers the convenience of purchasing products through a credit card, we do not store our consumers’ credit card information. Rather, that information is provided directly to a third party service provider for processing. Accordingly, the Personal Information stored by Dansk does not include consumers’ credit card information or number.
- Usage Information
We collect information about your activity on our Website and how you interact with our Services, such as viewing or purchase of our products.
- System Information
We collect information from and about the devices you use to access our Website or Services, such as your IP address and unique device identifiers.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies
- Google Analytics
We collect information through a platform called Google Analytics which utilizes cookies (which are information stored on your computer by your browser to save your preferences while you are visiting a particular site) when you visit us. This tracking data is used for many purposes including, for example, to provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to our site; to deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location; monitor and evaluate the use and operation of our site; and to analyze traffic on our site and the sites of third parties. You may opt-out from Google Analytics tracking the activity of your browser with this add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. You may choose whether to have your information collected for that purpose; but not allowing that collection may result in you not being able to use all of the features of our site.
- Information We Get From Other Sources
We may, from time to time, supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties. For example, we may also receive technical data from analytics providers such as Google Analytics.
What We Do With Your Information
We will use information provided by you or collected consistent with this Policy for the business purposes of personalizing your experience, enhancing our Services, carrying out marketing communications, providing information about our policies, enforcing our policies and/or otherwise carrying out our business. Specifically, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- Personalize Your Experience and Enhance Our Services
- Provide you with information regarding our products and Services or to respond to your requests.
- Personalize content and experiences. Optimize, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our Services and operations.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and Services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our Services and your experience with them.
- Marketing Communications
You can manage your marketing preferences from us by accessing the "unsubscribe" options included in email messages and in the How to be removed from our lists section under Contact Us. If you have any difficulty managing your communication preferences, please contact us via the contact information provided below.
- Email marketing: Periodic email communications from us about products sold or marketed by Dansk, shipping discounts, or special offers.
- Third-party marketing: From time to time, we contract with third party marketing companies to send ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on this Website. They will collect anonymous information about your visits to our Website and other sites, and your interaction with our products and Services to personalize advertisements. To learn more about this type of advertising and/or to opt out, pleaseclick here.
- Telemarketing: Informing you via telephone about products sold or marketed by Food52 or Dansk, shipping discounts, or special offers, unless otherwise prohibited by Federal and State "Do-Not-Call" laws.
- Product offer mailings: Postal mail about products sold or marketed by Food52, including product brochures and special collector mailings.
- Catalog mailings: Consists of postal mail of Food52 or Dansk catalogs, which may include shipping discounts or special offers.
- Company-owned store mailings: Postal mail about product offerings from Food52 retail stores.
- Additional Dansk mailings: Postal mail about other Dansk news, including, but not limited to, information about Food52 or Dansk retail accounts and Food52 or Dansk-sponsored sweepstakes, contests, and bridal and other events.
- Policy Information and Enforcement
- Send you information about features on our Website or changes to our policies.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other usage policies.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Aggregating Your Information
We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, publicly available information sources and other third-party information providers, as discussed above.
How Long We Keep Your Information
All information will be stored for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services and to maintain a record of your transaction(s) and progress for financial and business reporting purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. We may also retain your information in an anonymized form for analysis, research, and marketing purposes.
III. Sharing Your Information
- Service Providers
We may share Customer, Usage and System information collected with our third-party service providers, such as hosting vendors, advertising service providers, data analytics and customer support providers, IT service providers, and list managers. We share your information, including your payment information, as appropriate to process your payment for a Service or to complete a transaction. We may also provide these vendors with access to user information, including Customer, Usage and System Information, to carry out the services they are performing for us or for you on our behalf. Third-party vendors are required to protect and secure Customer Data with appropriate controls. Third-party analytics and other service providers, as referenced in this Policy, may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information, potentially including Personal Information, about you.
- Business Transactions
In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo another transaction in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such transaction.
- Law Enforcement
We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of us or another person.
- Legal Process
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
- Protect Our Rights and Property
We may also disclose your information to protect our rights or property or the safety of our employees or others.
- Third Parties & Links To Third Party Sites
Our Website may contain content that is supplied by a third party. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by third parties or their services. These third-party owners may have their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting personally identifiable information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it and exercise caution in connection with these applications. We have no control over, and cannot and do not assume responsibility for, the content, privacy policies or practices of such Websites or the companies that own them.
We seek to use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personally identifiable information under our control. For information on how we protect your privacy when you order our products online, see the Secure Shopping section above.
Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain secure.
When registering an account, it is your responsibility to choose an account password that is difficult for others to guess, preferably a password you do not use on any other website or account, and never reveal it to anyone else. If you use a shared or public computer, DO NOT choose to have your login ID or password remembered and log out of your account completely every time you leave the computer. Also, please verify that your web browser has a secure connection to the Website before entering any personally identifying information and avoid including personally identifying information in e-mails to us (particularly credit card or banking information).
- “Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals, and do not change any of our data collection or use practices when we receive such signals. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser. We will continue to evaluate potential responses to “Do Not Track” signals in light of industry developments or legal changes.
Our Website is not directed to children under 16 years of age and we do not provide Services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 16 years of age. If you inform us that we have collected or received information from a child under 16, we will delete such information immediately from our databases.
VIII. Changes To This Policy
- Contact Us
- How To Be Removed From Our Lists
If you would like to be removed from Dansk marketing communications lists, please provide us with the contact information required via any of the methods listed below so that we can promptly and accurately process your request. (In cases where we lack the necessary information, we will make our best efforts to comply with your request.)
To remove yourself from any Dansk marketing communications lists, click the "Unsubscribe" link in the bottom disclaimer of any of our Dansk emails.
Or, you may do one of the following options. Please make sure to supply your name, email address, mailing address and phone number, if using any of these methods:
- Sending email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating your preferences
Once you have set your communications preferences, you may change them by using any of the above methods.
Dansk reserves the right to contact its customers in order to properly and effectively service pending transactions and to address any concerns or requests of a Customer Service nature. For example, if you purchase directly from dansk.com you will receive transaction-specific order confirmation and shipment confirmation email messages regardless of your email marketing communications preference.
- Reviewing/Modifying Your Account Information
If you have a free dansk.com account and would like to modify your information, such as your primary billing or mailing address, go to "My Account," log in, then click "Account Details” and “Edit”. Make your changes, then click "Update Account".
Or you may contact Customer Service to review or change your personal information. If it is incorrect in any way or if you would like to have part or all of it removed, contact our Customer Service department (see below).
- Contacting Us
You may contact us by sending email to us at email@example.com. You can expect to receive a response from us soon.
Dansk welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send your inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional Privacy Information For California Users
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018(“CCPA”) provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Dansk disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Dansk delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the deletion of the information may likely render impossible or seriously impair the objectives of the research, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Clicking on thislink, completing the CCPA Request Form and sending it to us through this site.
- Emailing us at email@example.com;
- Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
- You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
- Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
- We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
No Sale of Personal Information
Dansk does not sell your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or Services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or Services.
We may collect and use personal information to offer you financial incentives, or price or service differences, such as discounts, benefits, or other unique rewards for the disclosure of your personal information. If you consent to participate in these offerings, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details set forth herein. Pursuant to the CCPA, you may be entitled to be informed as to why our financial incentives, or price or Service differences, are permitted under the law, including (i) a good-faith estimate of the value of your personal information that forms the basis for offering the financial incentive or price or Service difference, and (ii) a description of the method we used to calculate the value of your personal information. Generally, we do not assign monetary or other value to any personal information we collect. However, in the event we are required by law to assign such value in the context of our financial incentives, or price or Service differences, we have valued the personal information collected and used as being equal to the value of the discount or financial incentive provided, and the calculation of the value is based upon a practical and good-faith effort often involving the (i) categories of personal information collected (e.g., names, email addresses), (ii) the transferability of such personal information, (iii) the discounted price offered, (iv) the volume of consumers enrolled in our marketing programs, and (v) the product or Service to which the financial incentive, or price or Service difference, applies. The disclosure of the value and calculation described herein is not intended to waive, nor should be interpreted as a waiver to, our proprietary or business confidential information, including trade secrets, and does not constitute any representation with regard to generally accepted accounting principles or financial accounting standards.
- Other California Privacy Rights – Shine the Light